Thursday, September 6, 2007

Distracted by local events



This is the USA Professional Cycling Championships, held here in Greenville this past weekend. It's one of the downtown laps of the road race, before they took off for the loops out over Paris Mountain. This event is a great example of why we moved to Greenville. We love that a smaller (than South Florida) community can attract world-class events like this one. Our weekend guests loved all the activity, Big Sister loved cheering for "the bikers," and we love that we live minutes from a beautiful downtown with all kinds of amenities.

Of course I didn't knit, but in going through my knitting pictures I realized how productive I was right around Baby Brother's birth! In addition to the hats featured in my first post, I made this:



It's a preemie hat for a friend's baby, made with three colors of KnitPicks Shine Sport. It's the smallest of the hats but also the one that took the longest, because of the fine yarn and the fact that I'd never started a project on DPNs before, nor knitted an entire project using them. My other hats have started on circulars and only switched to DPNs to decrease. Pattern is the Preemie Beanie from the March 2007 Creative Knitting magazine.

I have another hat that's almost done. But my production has greatly fallen off in the last couple of months.

No comments: