Friday, August 17, 2007

Finally, I blog

I've been meaning to start a knitting blog for quite some time. But I'm such a slow knitter, and I keep getting distracted by new books, my kids, new arrivals from NetFlix, and general laziness, that it seemed kind of weird to start a knitblog when I won't often have finished items to show.


I mean, Stephanie seems to have a new item to show every week. Lots of other bloggers seem to make progress. But, how many rows have I knitted in the past week? Three. And this on a sweater for my 3-year-old. And when did I start this sweater? Last summer. Luckily, the pattern seems to run big and she seems to run small.

Now, to be fair, I've made quite a few things in between, including warshcloths, hats, and -- oh yeah -- a baby brother for my sweaterless one. He got a hat:



Three hats, in fact, although one won't fit him for -- ahem -- a few years. Gauge was a bit off. Big Sister got a hat, too, in the flurry of pre-birth nesting/knitting:













And so did an Afghan baby, as part of the Mother's Day drive:

















But this sweater kept getting put off, and so did the blog. One of the blog problems was what to call it. Everything I thought of turned out to be taken. Finally, yesterday, I hit on the perfect name: Procrastiknitter. Cute, catchy, descriptive.

Taken. Twice, actually, although the latter is out of date. But I was thrilled to find an interesting new blog in the case of the former. Most of my knitting tools, though not much of my stash, I inherited from my grandmother, so her August 10 post resonated. But, I digress. It occurred to me that I am quite a Distracted Knitter, so I'm going with that.


Here's the sweater I've been procrastinating:


















It's Max's First Cardigan from The Yarn Girls' Guide to Kid Knits. This is the back. The first part to knit. Acres of double seed stitch, which might be why I keep procrastiknitting it. Before I get to do any shaping, it has to measure 15 inches from the cast-on row. It measures 8 1/2. Main color is Cleckheaton Country 8-Ply; trim colors are both Cascade 220 Superwash. I think.


Must keep knitting. But meanwhile, I've spent all this perfectly good knitting time figuring out how to use Blogger. Maybe tomorrow!

2 comments:

granny g said...

Enjoyed reading. I started today so you have a much older...my kids are grown...kindred spirit. I'm making the baby things for a soon to be born grandchild.
judy

Heather said...

Thanks, Judy. How did you find me? As you see, I'm very new to this and didn't expect an actual reader. But I'm glad to have one!